Being mindful every day isn't hard and is great for your mind, body and spirit. Here are ten ways you can accomplish mindfulness every day.
1. Live in the present - Don't be focused on your past or your future. Really enjoy today and all it has to offer you.
2. Do one thing at a time - Quit trying to focus on too many things at once. Complete one task at a time, completely, before moving onto another.
3. Act slowly and deliberate - Take your time with everything you do and do things in a deliberate way. This helps you stay focused and perform the tasks completely.
4. Do less - This allows you to do things slower, completely and with more concentration. Which leaves you happy with the end result of your accomplishments.
5. Put space between things in your schedule - This gives you time so you aren't rushing around, stressing yourself out, worrying about getting one thing done before you have to move onto the next task in your schedule. Effective time management is your friend.
6. Spend at least 5-10 minutes per day doing absolutely nothing! - This is a way to give your whole body a sort of reset. Allow yourself to become comfortable with the silence and stillness for these few minutes. Don't think about anything stressful, just let your mind wander and calm itself.
7. Stop worrying about the future - Really enjoy the current moment and all you've been blessed with. Sure, it's always good to think about and plan for the future. But when you find yourself constantly worrying about the future, it is time to regroup and reevaluate your ability to be present in the current moment.
8. Pay attention when talking to others - Be present in conversation and really listen. It's amazing what you can learn about and how interesting another person becomes, when you take the time to really listen and take in what they are saying.
9. Eat slowly and really enjoy your food - Savor the flavors in your food. Take time to chew. This allows you to eat less and put less stress on your gut to digest food.
10. Live slowly and really get the most out of your life - Tune into the sights and sounds you hear. Tap into the world around you. Really work on enjoying every minute you are alive. None of us are guaranteed tomorrow. Enjoy what you have been blessed with today.