This is my spin on a recipe I found years ago in my Better Homes and Gardens cookbook. I have perfected this recipe over the years. With a few tweaks and additions, I've made it my own, healthy version of the original. This is one of our family favorites! We love it served over some organic short grain brown rice. Delicious!
6 T. Dry Sherry (gluten free version)
4 T. Tamari Sauce (gluten free version of Soy Sauce)
2 T. Filtered Water
2 tsp. Cornstarch
4 Organic Chicken Breasts
4 T. Avocado Oil
2 T. Fresh Gingerroot (skin removed, diced tiny)
2 C. Bias-Sliced Carrots (I leave the skin on, but you can remove)
2 C. Fresh Broccoli (cut into bite size pieces)
5 C. Sliced Bok Choy
3 C. Fresh Snow Peas
5 Green Onions (bias-sliced into 1-inch pieces)
2 Fresh Zucchini's (sliced longways and then sliced cross ways to make half moon pieces)
4 C Hot Cooked Brown Rice
1. Stir together sherry, tamari sauce, water and cornstarch. Set aside.
2. Cut chicken into thin bite-size strips.
3. Preheat a wok over high heat. Add 1 T of avocado oil. (add remaining oil as necessary, during cooking). Stir fry the gingerroot in the hot oil for 15 seconds.
4. Add carrots and broccoli to the wok, stir fry for 2-3 minutes.
5. Add bok choy, snow peas, green onions and zucchini to the wok. Stir Fry for 3-4 minutes or until crisp tender.
6. Remove vegetables from the wok.
7.Add chicken to the wok. Stir fry until no longer pink, about 5 minutes. Push chicken from the center of the wok . Stir tamari mixture, add to the center of the wok. Cook and stir until thickened and bubbly.
8. Return vegetables to the wok, stir to coat with sauce. Cook and stir about 1-2 minutes or until heated through. Serve with the hot brown rice. This will make 6-8 decent size servings.
**The recipe is completely gluten free as written above, for those of us who need to be gluten free. However, it is fine to use regular soy sauce and other brands of Sherry that aren't gluten free. It will not alter the flavor in a negative way.