These turkey burgers are so tasty and delicious! Best part is they don't dry out like so many other recipes for turkey burgers that I have tried. The zucchini is the key to a moist burger. The Italian seasoning gives it amazing flavor!
2-lbs Lean Ground Turkey
1/2 C Unseasoned Breadcrumbs ( I use gluten free panko breadcrumbs)
2 Garlic Cloves (minced)
2 T. Purple Onion (grated)
2 Tsp. Salt
1/2 Tsp. Pepper
1 Tsp Italian Seasoning
1. Using paper towels. squeeze out all the moisture from the grated zucchini.
2. In a large mixing bowl, combine the ground turkey, zucchini, breadcrumbs, garlic, onion, salt, pepper and Italian seasoning. Combine thoroughly.
3. Form into patties. This recipe yields 10 (4 oz) patties. Make sure not to make them too thick, so they cook evenly throughout.
4. Clean grill thoroughly and preheat to around 400 degrees. Before putting the patties on the grill, coat the grill grates well with avocado oil or another oil that has a high smoke point. This will prevent the patties from sticking to the grill.
5. Cook the patties 5 minutes on each side, or until they are cooked through and are no longer pink in the center.
I serve these with swiss cheese, green leaf lettuce, sliced tomatoes, pickle slices and whatever dressing you prefer. They would also pair well with grilled onions or avocado slices. I serve these on a gluten free bun. But they would also work well wrapped in lettuce or various wheat buns.
They are a healthy alternative to the standard beef burger.
*This recipe makes 10 burgers. That way we have leftovers for lunch the next day. But if you don't want that many burgers, just cut the measurements in half.
*I modified this recipe from the original recipe at skinnytaste.com.